PayPal is a popular online payment system that allows users to send and receive money. However, there may be times when you need to permanently delete your PayPal account. For example, you may no longer use PayPal, you may be concerned about security, or you may be moving to a different payment processor.
Here are the steps on how to permanently delete your PayPal account:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Under Account options, click on Close your account.
- Enter your PayPal password and click on Continue.
- Read the information about closing your account and click on Close account.
- PayPal will ask you to confirm that you want to close your account. Click on Yes, close my account.
Your PayPal account will be closed and all of your account data will be deleted permanently. However, PayPal may retain some of your data for legal reasons.
Here are some things to keep in mind before you close your PayPal account:
- Make sure that you have removed any money from your PayPal balance.
- Resolve any outstanding payments.
- Cancel any recurring payments.
- Download a copy of your transaction history.
If you need help closing your PayPal account, you can contact PayPal customer service.
Here are some additional things to consider before you close your PayPal account:
- If you have a PayPal balance, you will need to withdraw it before you close your account. You can withdraw your balance to your bank account or to a debit card.
- If you have any outstanding payments, you will need to resolve them before you close your account. You can either pay off the payments or cancel them.
- If you have any recurring payments, you will need to cancel them before you close your account. You can cancel recurring payments in your PayPal settings.
- If you need to keep a record of your PayPal transactions, you can download a copy of your transaction history. You can download your transaction history in your PayPal settings.