Today I’m going to talk about how to appear offline on Steam. To get started, make sure you’re logged into your Steam account.
- Go to Friends in the upper left corner on the Steam homepage.
- Your Friends list will appear in a box on the screen.
- Click the drop down arrow beside your profile picture.
- Select Offline from the list of options.
- A message telling you to sign in if you want to chat with friends will appear.
- You will be able to play games as normal–this only affects whether other people can see you as online.
- If you want to automatically be offline when you login to Steam, go back to your Friends list.
- Click the Settings icon (gear icon) and select Off beside Sign in to Friends when Steam Client starts.
I hope this tutorial on how to offline on Steam was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave those in the comments below.
Be sure to check out my post on how to play Steam games on your phone.
If you’re not subscribed to my YouTube channel, make sure you go over and watch my videos and subscribe.