Today I’m going to walk you through how to play Steam games on your phone. You can play games from your Steam library on your mobile device or TV through Steam Link.
- First up, go to the App store, download Steam Link and open the app.
- Tap the blue Get Started button.
- It’s then going to ask you to pair a controller. I’ve tested a Dualshock 4 Xbox One controller and a Steam controller. The controller option is much better than the touchpad.
- Once you’ve connected your controller, it’s time to connect your computer.
- In Steam (on your desktop), go to Settings in the top left corner. Find Remote Play.
- Make sure the Enable Remote Play box is checked. You will need a laptop or PC open and running Steam.
- You’ll receive a message on your mobile device that says “Connect to Computer.” If your computer doesn’t automatically show up, you may have to rescan or connect to another computer.
- Once your computer shows up, select it and a 4 digit pin number will appear.
- Enter this pin on your desktop to authorize the device.
- Your mobile device will then begin to test your network. This will obviously work better the faster your internet connection is.
- Once the test is complete, a screen will appear and confirm what PC is connected, what controller is being used, and the status of your network connection.
- If you go back to Remote Play under Settings in Steam (desktop), you can see that your mobile device is paired.
- To unpair a device, go back to Remote Play and select Unpair Devices.
- In the Remote Play window, make sure “Balanced” is selected under Client options.
- To begin playing, go back to your mobile device and select Start Playing.
- Remember to keep your laptop or PC open and running Steam so you can play on your device.
- Use your controller to select a game from your library.
- Hit play and the game should launch.
I hope this tutorial on how to play Steam games on your phone was helpful. If you have any questions, be sure to leave those in the comments below.
If you’re interested in other Steam tutorials, check out my post on how to gift games on Steam.
If you’re not subscribed to my YouTube channel, make sure you go over and watch my videos and subscribe.
Leave A Comment