Today I’m going to walk you through how to upload a podcast episode to Libsyn. Libsyn allows you to host your audio for free or through a paid plan depending on the volume of files you have. This tutorial will cover how to add a recorded and edited podcast episode to Libsyn. From Libsyn, you can then distribute your podcast to places like Apple, Spotify, and more.
- To get started, log in to your Libsyn account and it will take you to the Libsyn homepage.
- To upload a new episode, go to Content and Add New Episode.
- Under New Content, there are 5 tabs that you will use to fill in the information for each episode.
- The media tab is where you will actually upload your audio file.
- The file should be in .Mp3 format.
- Click Add Media File and choose Upload from Hard Drive.
- Choose the file and let it upload.
- Details is where you can give your podcast a name, description, add, tags, and more.
- Tags or Keywords work very similarly to YouTube. This makes it easier to find your podcast when you use relevant tags or keywords.
- Apple Podcast optimization will help you optimize your podcast episode to be found more easily on Apple.
- Make sure you include the rating (explicit or clean).
- Normally I would encourage you to handle your artwork under Destinations (as I talk about in the full tutorial) but if you have artwork for individual episodes, you can do that here.
- Just go to upload and then choose new file.
- Make sure your artwork meets the specific size specifications for thumbnails.
- This is great if you want to upload multiple podcasts at once and then you can schedule them to release at different times.
- Go to the Basic Release Expiration tab.
- To schedule, click the circle beside Set new release date and choose the date/time you want your podcast to publish.
- I don’t usually do much under Advanced. I find that the first 4 tabs cover everything I need.
- Advanced allows you to include extra tags or a TV style rating.
- Once you’ve completed the tabs, the Media tab will let you know if your audio has been uploaded successfully.
- When you’re ready to publish or schedule, click Publish under the Media tab.
- Allow 30-45 minutes for your podcast to start showing up in places like Apple.
- You can see scheduled podcast episodes under Content Scheduled for Future Release. (Under Content)
I hope this tutorial on how to upload a podcast episode to Libsyn was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave those in the comments below.
For another great tutorial, be sure to check out my post on how to start a podcast with Anchor.
If you’re not subscribed to my YouTube channel, make sure you go over and watch my videos and subscribe.