Today I’m going to walk you through how to send and receive money with Google Pay. Be sure you are using the most recent Google Pay app. There is another one in the app store that will actually say “Old App.” Once you download the new app, you will sign into the app using your Google login.
- After you log in, you’ll be taken to the Pay option (middle tab at the bottom).
- You will then need to add some form of payment method such as a checking account, debit card, or savings account.
- The Insights tab will show you all the payment methods you have added to your account.
- To add a payment method, select Add Account and put in your account information when prompted. You can also scan card information.
- You can keep a Google Pay balance to pay merchants or people from. Your Google Pay balance can be found under the card icon located to the left of your profile image at the top.
- Here you can check your balance or add money. To add money, you will link your bank account.
Send Money with Google Pay
- You can search your contacts to find people to send money to. If they have Google Pay, it will say “Pay” beside their name. If they don’t, it will say “Invite” beside their name.
- Someone can send you their QR code which you will scan and then it will allow you to send them money.
- You can also pay businesses like a restaurant by searching for the business name.
Request Money with Google Pay
- Search your contacts and hit Request by the person’s name.
- You can also do group bills and split bills up.
I hope this tutorial on how to send and receive money with Google Pay was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave those in the comments below.
For another great tutorial, be sure to check out my post on how to send and receive money with Venmo.
If you’re not subscribed to my YouTube channel, make sure you go over and watch my videos and subscribe.