Today I’m going to walk you through how to turn audio podcasts into YouTube videos. We’re going to look at how the Repurpose.io tool helps you easily “repurpose” your audio podcasts as videos for YouTube.
- Go to Repurpose.io and sign up for an account.
- When you login, you will see what they call “Workflows.”
- You will see your Input (your podcast audio feed) and your output (feeding to YouTube or Facebook).
- You can set Repurpose up to automatically turn your podcasts into YouTube videos or you can manually publish them.
- To get all this started, you will go to the Connections tab.
- This is where you will connect all of your accounts (input and output).
- To add new, click Add Connection. Then name it and enter the Feed URL.
- Keep in mind that your YouTube account must be verified before you can upload videos longer than 15 minutes.
- Once everything is connected, go back to your Workflows.
Setting Up Workflows
- Click Create a New Repurpose Workflow and give it a name.
- Choose your input type (your podcast feed) and click Next.
- Choose an Action (convert audio to video).
- Choose your output connection (your YouTube). You can also choose a playlist folder to add the file to or create a new playlist.
- Click the green Create New Workflow button.
- Choose the publish mode (manual or automatic).
- You can see a list of all of your videos by clicking View Episodes.
- This list will show you all the episodes you’ve published to your YouTube and which ones you have not.
- You can choose to Republish and episode or publish an episode that hasn’t been previously published.
- Look at Settings under your Workflows.
- You can customize how you want your thumbnail to look. You can also add custom images. Settings allows you to add keywords, set your privacy, add call to actions, etc.
I hope this tutorial on how to turn audio podcasts into YouTube videos was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave those in the comments below.
For another great YouTube tutorial, be sure to check out my post on how to record and upload YouTube shorts.
If you’re not subscribed to my YouTube channel, make sure you go over and watch my videos and subscribe.