Today I’m going to walk you through a Tubebuddy full tutorial and overview. This is a great tool to help you grow a YouTube channel fast. Tubebuddy is a free browser plugin for Google Chrome and iOS and Android both have apps as well. I’m going to share with you some of the tools and features that I use on a daily basis to help use my time more efficiently and grow my channel.
- To get started, download and install Tubebuddy and log in to your YouTube channel.
- Once installed, you’ll see a red Tubebuddy icon in the top right of your screen that will show you all of the Tubebuddy options and features.
- This icon and menu allows you to navigate to anywhere you need to go on YouTube which can save you a lot of time in the long run.
- You’ll also notice that the Bulk & Misc Tools tab will be added under Channel Videos in your YouTube Creator Studio.
- One of the features I use the most is Find and Replace Text. This tool goes into your descriptions and finds and replaces text that you put in all of your video descriptions. For example, if you updated your email address, you could find the old email address in all of your video descriptions and replace it with the new address. This is a great time saver so you don’t have to go into individual videos to replace text.
- The next tools I use a lot are the Bulk Cards and Bulk End Screens options. These tools allow you to create templates that can then be applied to all of your videos.
Individual Videos and Tubebuddy
Now we’re going to look at an individual video and how you can use Tubebuddy. You’ll notice a Tubebuddy icon just under your video thumbnail. The dialog box will include tabs for Tools, Quick Links, and Info.
- Tools include the cards/end screens options, you can publish directly to Facebook, Video SEO, and more.
- Video SEO is a critical tool that helps you build a searchable title using the best keywords. You enter your keywords and it will give you a score based on your current title and description. Then it will give you tips on how to improve your score and make your video more searchable.
- Next, Video SEO will help you create the best tags for your video.
- Video SEO will then give you thumbnail tips and compare your video thumbnail to other similar videos on YouTube.
- The last step under Video SEO will be to apply any changes you’ve made throughout the SEO process.
- The Search Rankings tool will tell you exactly where your video ranks for a specific video tag.
- Tag translator will tell you the top 5 languages spoken by your audience and give you the option to translate your captions if you want.
- One of my favorite tools within Tubebuddy is Create A/B test. To use this feature, choose a video and choose Thumbnail CTR test.
- You can select how long you’d like to run the test for–14 days is the minimum.
- You will compare your original thumbnail to a test thumbnail and Tubebuddy will show people different thumbnails and determine which gets the best CTR (click through rate).
- Under Promote, you will see the Share Tracker. Share Tracker allows you to directly share your video to different social media channels.
- Vid2Vid Promotion allows you to promote a certain video in the descriptions of all of your other videos.
- Schedule and Misc also have some great tools that you should check out and see what works best for you and your channel.
Quick Links include analytics and filtering comments. Info gives you your video ID, the direct video link, and the playlist link.
Looking at Live Video
- On the right side of the page, you will see Videolytics. This shows you all of the data for a particular video. Fun Fact: you can see the same info on other people’s videos as well!
- Videolytics also gives you best practices reminders and will show you where you rank in searches.
- Tubebuddy will let you compare your channel to other channels. Select Channelytics back on your YouTube page and choose channels to compare data like views and subscribers.
Tubebuddy and Comments
- Another great feature of Tubebuddy is that it allows you to create canned responses to save time when responding to comments.
- You can use the provided canned responses such as “Thank you!” or create your own responses.
- The Video Topic Planner feature is a great way to capture video topic ideas from the comments section.
Tubebuddy also has resources such as a channel health report, launch pad, backup reports and more that you can use on their website. Just log in and check out these tools.
I hope you found this Tubebuddy full tutorial and overview helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave those in the comments below.
For another great YouTube tutorial, check out my post on how to customize your YouTube channel.
If you’re not subscribed to my YouTube channel, make sure you go over and watch my videos and subscribe.