Today I’m going to talk you through a quick tutorial on how to shorten and customize links on Bitly. This is a great way to shorten your long URLs into less than 20 characters. The free version of Bitly allows you to shorten and track up to 1000 links.
- In Bitly, click the orange Create button at the top right of the page.
- Paste your long URL in the box.
- Bitly will bring up the title of the page and you can go in and customize it if you like.
- You can even customize the back half of the URL.
- Click Save.
- You can choose to copy the link or you can select Share. You can share your link to Twitter or Facebook.
- If you have a Bitly account, it will then store your link and track how many clicks you are getting, who referred them, and more.
I hope this quick tutorial on how to shorten and customize links on Bitly was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave those in the comments below.
Be sure to check out my other tutorials like how to use tab groups in Google Chrome.
If you’re not subscribed to my YouTube channel, make sure you go over and watch my videos and subscribe.